Saturday, April 7, 2012

Remember Jesus' Last Words


When I was young, this time of the year impacted my life deeply. I had no bible before, and I only knew little of my Savior Jesus Christ. Most of my knowledge about Him I learned through watching movies about His life and death, His suffering and His resurrection. But in my young heart, it was just enough to awaken the longing of my soul to know Him more. If we are really seeking for the truth, our God will guide us to the right path. God knows my heart and he led me to the path He wanted me to be. I was 17 years old when I accepted Him in my heart. I was baptized in His wonderful name and was filled with His Spirit (Acts 2:38). It was a grand day when He saved me by His grace. It's a wonderful life to have a personal relationship with our Great God. Since then, I learned more about Him and still learning through His divine words. "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matthew 4:4
Although the Holy Scriptures were written more than two thousand years ago, there's always a fresh revelation for us whenever we read the Holy Bible. The proceeding words of God are our daily eye opener to direct us and guide us to what He wanted us to be. He never stops speaking to us.
Christ's resurrection means that we have a living God who, by dying on the cross, has washed our sins by His blood. He became the perfect sacrifice and whosoever believes in Him will have everlasting life.
Jesus' last words are not "Father, into Thy hands I commit my spirit." His death is just the beginning of the greatest redemption of humanity. He overcame the grave and the thick veil from the Holy of the Holiest was torn apart - giving all the humanity the greatest privilege to access the throne of Grace whenever our desperate soul needs it.
Jesus' last words: "You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." After He said this, He was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid Him from their sight." Acts 1:8-9
Believers, remember Jesus' last words…"You shall be my witnesses…to the end of the world."
It's because of this joyous message our lives and ministries were transformed and directed by our Savior's last words. Tell the world He is Risen! He is alive forevermore! -By Mhel P.

No comments: